Design Philosophy Statement

Interior Design is present in everything, from residential to office designs. I first started getting interested in design in high school, and my curiosity has been growing ever since. My interest in design is focused on residential living areas, and how they can be transformed into new spaces simply by adding a splash of color or getting a new piece of furniture. I am constantly being inspired by things around me, such as buildings I see or even things in magazines. For my future in interior design, I want to design eco-friendly spaces that use natural materials and let in lots of light.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Geometric Pattern

This design was composed in Photoshop, and uses images from the Romanesque time period. These were then manipulated and the colors altered to create a warm color scheme that also reflects that of the Roman era. I like this design, as it is simple (it is made on a square pattern) yet elegant at the same time. I think the ways that the pictures turned out work well with each other and complement one another. When creating this design, I learned more about how to use Photoshop, as well as how to manipulate images and putting them together into a pattern. Overall, this project helped me to grow in learning how to create designs and  prepared me for future projects as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment